- Location: In the heart of Anjou, in the Loire Valley.
- Surface area: 50 hectares
- Grape varieties: Cabernet Franc
- Terroir: Shale and phtanite under a layer of clay and sand.
- Production method: Manual harvesting, rigorous table sorting. 100% destemming, stainless steel vatting at 30-33°C with frequent pumping over, 8 to 15-day maceration. Aged on fine lees in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats for 4 months, then stored in bottles for 6 months before sale.
- 2018 vintage
The Château de Fesles Anjou Rouge is a deep red colour. The well-balanced nose contains aromas of ripe red fruit. Very good attack on the palate with plenty of substance, this full-bodied, elegant wine has a good persistence after tasting. Serve between 13°C and 16°C. The perfect accompaniment to cold meats, red meat, small game, soft cheese and bloomy rind cheese.