- Location: In the heart of Anjou, in the Loire Valley
- Surface area: 50 hectares
- Grape varieties: 100% Chenin
- Terroir: Shale and phtanite. This cuvée is produced exclusively with grapes from the fabulous “La Chapelle” parcel, the highest quality plot in the Fesles vineyard.
- Production method: After a manual harvest with two sorts, vinification takes place for one month in 400-litre oak barrels that are between 2 and 4 years old. Aged on fine lees for 6 months with weekly stirring.
- Ligers d’Or (gold medal) 2011 vintage
- Ligers d’Argent (silver medal) 2014 vintage
The Château de Fesles Anjou Blanc is a straw yellow wine with shiny glints. It has an intense nose with dominant notes of fern, lime blossom and elderberry. Very well-balanced taste with a full-bodied, silky attack. No discernible acidity. The aromatic complexity reveals dried fruit, elderberry and toasted bread. Very good persistence. Serve between 10°C and 12°C. The perfect accompaniment to fish with sauce, grilled or poached shellfish, or white meat with sauce.